The Hyundai Scoupe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hyundai Scoupe Forum

All about the Hyundai Scoupe

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
ScoupeGT
Bigger brake disks I_vote_lcapBigger brake disks I_voting_barBigger brake disks I_vote_rcap 
Automatik S-Coupe
Bigger brake disks I_vote_lcapBigger brake disks I_voting_barBigger brake disks I_vote_rcap 
Knutschochse
Scoupe
Raven
MAD_SCOUPE
herb524
BoostedScoupe
mimar999
Niky
Latest topics
» chasis number
Bigger brake disks EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:55 am by Automatik S-Coupe

» engine number
Bigger brake disks EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:51 pm by mimar999

» left window
Bigger brake disks EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:30 pm by Automatik S-Coupe

» Need Help finding this stuff
Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 pm by Automatik S-Coupe

» Bigger brake disks
Bigger brake disks EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:12 pm by Automatik S-Coupe

» tranny swap
Bigger brake disks EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:53 pm by Automatik S-Coupe

» scoupe parts replacement
Bigger brake disks EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:38 pm by Automatik S-Coupe

» Strut brace
Bigger brake disks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:26 am by Knutschochse

» digital air/fuel ratio gauge
Bigger brake disks EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:25 am by Knutschochse

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 76 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:15 am

Bigger brake disks

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ScoupeGT
Admin
Admin
ScoupeGT

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:30 pm

Do you know any if the front brake disks and calipers can be replaced by bigger ones, from another hyundai model?
Back to top Go down
https://hyundaiscoupe.forumotion.com
Automatik S-Coupe
Silver Star Member
Silver Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:30 pm

the oem brake has 242mm the direct fit brake is from coupe j2 with 257mm but this is not a big difference

I use now the knukcel from Lantra J1 with selfmodified scoupe hub and brake disc from kia carens II with 280mm an 26mm thick the 2 piston brake caliper I use from Santa Fe

Bigger brake disks Bremse5

Bigger brake disks Bremse2
Back to top Go down
ScoupeGT
Admin
Admin
ScoupeGT

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:39 pm

the coupe j2 is the tiburon i believe........
Brake calipers and disks fit directly with no modifications at all?
Back to top Go down
Knutschochse
Club Star Member
Club Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 8:25 am

No !In every way you kneed the knuckle from Lantra J1 because of the distance from the drilled holes in the Calipers !And if you use this knuckles you have to do modifications on the hub that the Brake Disc fits to it...I got Calipers from Tuscani which also fit. Because all other Hyundais, except Pony,Scoupe and i think Accent got the same distance from the drilled holes in the Calipers.Also Terracan can fit.
Back to top Go down
Automatik S-Coupe
Silver Star Member
Silver Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 10:13 am

yes coupe j2 ist the tiburon but also the lantra has the same brakes...if you want to use the shocks from scoupe then you have to use the lantra j1 knuckle...you also could use the complete knuckle from j2 but there you have to bore a new hole in the shocks because the distance from the 2 schock holes is different
Back to top Go down
ScoupeGT
Admin
Admin
ScoupeGT

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 5:23 pm

So it seems like a trouble.........no easy fit
I found out that Galfer gives a brake kit...[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Raven
Club Member
Club Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:10 pm

i have tarox discs but i need much more brake power =/
Back to top Go down
Automatik S-Coupe
Silver Star Member
Silver Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 6:42 pm

what is tarox?

with the brakes from above you can brake at 250km/h and you have no problems with fading or such things, you can brake easy...if you brake extremely the back of the car came lightly high
Back to top Go down
Raven
Club Member
Club Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 pm

tarox G88 very good discs but not enough for my scoupe i need better. so need help lol
Back to top Go down
Automatik S-Coupe
Silver Star Member
Silver Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 10:04 pm

the G88 should big enough such as the homepage say...which diameter do you have? get your brake to hot or what's the problem? you also could use a other mainbrakecylinder Wink
Back to top Go down
Raven
Club Member
Club Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:27 pm

im using the stock size, and they heat and dont brake as i want, i need bigger brakes discks + calipers and maybe cylinder too but lack of items on Portugal grrr
Back to top Go down
Automatik S-Coupe
Silver Star Member
Silver Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 11:56 pm

okay stock size thats not so good the brakes are verry fast to heat..but you know this...the cylinder i did not change only disk and calipper
Back to top Go down
Raven
Club Member
Club Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 2:33 pm

can you do a diy of what u need to to with front brakes?
Back to top Go down
Automatik S-Coupe
Silver Star Member
Silver Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 11:20 pm

I use now the knuckle from Lantra J1 with selfmodified s-coupe hub (I make it round that the brakedisc fit the hub), and brake disc from kia carens II with 280mm an 26mm thick, also the 2 piston brake caliper from Santa Fe
Back to top Go down
Scoupe
Club Member
Club Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 10:29 am

1. Do you have to use different bearings or Scoupe's fit lantra J1 knuckle?
2. That is also swap from captive to non-captive brakes right?
3. Why not use Lantra hub also?
4. Are knuckels from all J1 Lantras same?
5. I went to kia local garage, to ask them about Carens discs, but guy there asked me for which type Carens II (what engine to be specific)?

Tommorow I'm going to pick up Lantra knuckels.
So many qustions. Hope to get answer soon. TNX
Back to top Go down
Automatik S-Coupe
Silver Star Member
Silver Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyMon Nov 07, 2011 7:15 pm

the bearings are the same for scoupe and lantra

yes its a swap from captive to non captive brakes

you could also modify the lantra hub thats same

no I think you need a 1.6 or 1.8 knuckle the 1.5 is different

the disc is from carens 2 2.0crdi
Back to top Go down
Scoupe
Club Member
Club Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 6:20 pm

Got the knuckels. Tommorow I'm picking up discs, and then I'll try to modify the hubs to fit discs.
Are calliper from all Santa Fe's same, and can I use 2piston callipers of some other model ( Tucson, Terracan, Coupe maybe)?
Back to top Go down
Automatik S-Coupe
Silver Star Member
Silver Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyTue Nov 08, 2011 11:05 pm

no some santa fe has single capllippers...also the xg250/300 has the 2 piston calliper...the terracan 2 piston callippers won't fit! th gk has single calliper...some trajet has 2 piston calliper but there I don't know that they will fit!
Back to top Go down
Scoupe
Club Member
Club Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:24 pm

How much is front wheel track wider after this swap?
Back to top Go down
Automatik S-Coupe
Silver Star Member
Silver Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyWed Nov 09, 2011 6:41 pm

thats only the brake disc thiknes about 6mm only the fall gets greater but thats good to ride in races..
Back to top Go down
Scoupe
Club Member
Club Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 3:01 pm

So Santa Fe callipers bolt directly on Lantra J1 knuckels without any custom adapters?
Have you changed the master cylinder for bigger one?
Back to top Go down
Automatik S-Coupe
Silver Star Member
Silver Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 4:37 pm

yes there ist no adapter needed thats why I use the lantra knuckels...I do not cange the master cylinder
Back to top Go down
Scoupe
Club Member
Club Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 8:01 pm

Do you maybe know from what model would bigger master cylinder be dirrect fit?

This brakes should be awsome when finished, but how in the world did you find out about this carens discs on lantra knuckels and santa fe callipers???cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Automatik S-Coupe
Silver Star Member
Silver Star Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyThu Nov 10, 2011 10:20 pm

most masterclyinders from hyundai are the same...in size and pressure if you brake with this setup you also could brake abut 250km/h and it slow down perfectly not like the oem mini brake's...also to high temperatures are very unique

mhm how I found out...that took long until we know this we used nissan callipers with disc's and selfmade adapters...someday I had the lantra knuckels in my hand and I saw that the holes are diffrent...and so I start to measure out all things... then I went to a junk yard and measured there...the disc size I got from Internet I searched most discs from cars with 4x114.3
Back to top Go down
Scoupe
Club Member
Club Member

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks EmptyFri Nov 11, 2011 6:03 pm

Got the discs, now to find someone to modify the hubs...
Today I went to car parts shop to se the cost of new Santa Fe callipers, but guy over there asked me for model of Santa Fe (year and engine or chasis number).
Do you know, of what model are yours?

I also see that those 2 mounting holes on disc do not match holes on the hub. Did you rebore hub holes, or did you bore new holes in disc?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bigger brake disks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bigger brake disks   Bigger brake disks Empty

Back to top Go down

Bigger brake disks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Hyundai Scoupe Forum :: Performance and Style Upgrates :: Brakes-
Jump to: