The Hyundai Scoupe Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hyundai Scoupe Forum

All about the Hyundai Scoupe

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Top posters
ScoupeGT
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. I_vote_lcapThe history of Hyundai Scoupe. I_voting_barThe history of Hyundai Scoupe. I_vote_rcap 
Automatik S-Coupe
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. I_vote_lcapThe history of Hyundai Scoupe. I_voting_barThe history of Hyundai Scoupe. I_vote_rcap 
Knutschochse
Scoupe
Raven
MAD_SCOUPE
herb524
BoostedScoupe
mimar999
Niky
Similar topics
Latest topics
» chasis number
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. EmptyTue Oct 22, 2013 11:55 am by Automatik S-Coupe

» engine number
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 2:51 pm by mimar999

» left window
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. EmptyFri Dec 14, 2012 10:30 pm by Automatik S-Coupe

» Need Help finding this stuff
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 pm by Automatik S-Coupe

» Bigger brake disks
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. EmptyTue Dec 13, 2011 7:12 pm by Automatik S-Coupe

» tranny swap
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 3:53 pm by Automatik S-Coupe

» scoupe parts replacement
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. EmptySat Jun 04, 2011 10:38 pm by Automatik S-Coupe

» Strut brace
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:26 am by Knutschochse

» digital air/fuel ratio gauge
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:25 am by Knutschochse

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 76 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:15 am

The history of Hyundai Scoupe.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ScoupeGT
Admin
Admin
ScoupeGT

The history of Hyundai Scoupe. Empty
PostSubject: The history of Hyundai Scoupe.   The history of Hyundai Scoupe. EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 10:07 pm

The Hyundai Scoupe was based on another Hyundai model the Excel and was produced from
1991 until 1994, but some models were still sold in 1995 as remaining stock.

There are two types of Hyundai Scoupe:

1)1991-1992 Hyundai Scoupe Mk1 models

The history of Hyundai Scoupe. Mk1s10 The history of Hyundai Scoupe. Mk1r11

Mk1 models used an 81 hp, 1.5 liter 8valve Mitsubishi
engine and came with a 5 speed manual or 4 speed automatic transmission.

2)1993-1995 Hyundai Scoupe Mk2 models.

Many changes came in 1993, as Scoupe got a facelift, including, new
front headlamps, rear tail lights,bumpers, front panels and redisigned body-colored side moldings.
Also, some interior changes were made in fabric, switches and other plastic details.

The greater change though, were the new engines installed.
The Base,LS and GT models came witha new and improved,Hyundai manufactured,1.5litre 12 valve, called "Alpha".

The Alpha, on the Base and LS models was a natural aspirated engine producing 92 hp at 5,500 rpm and 132 Nm of torque at
4,000 rpm, with a 10:1 compression ratio.
Base and LS models could have an optional 4-speed automatic instead of a 5-speed manual gearbox.
This engine produced 14% increase in power over its previous Mitsubishi engine.

The GT models had a turbo charged version of this engine producing
115 hp at 5,500 rpm and 167 Nm of torque at 4,500 rpm with a 7.5:1 compression ratio.
GT models came only with 5-speed manual shift.
The turbo engine produced 42% more power than the previous Mitsubishi engine.

Hyundai says the Scoupe GT was the first production application for Garrett Automotive Products as it used their T15 turbocharger.
The turbo unit includes water-cooled bearings and housings and an integral wastegate.

Another new thing on Mk2 modes was the Lotus
designed suspension which was both installed in Base and LS models.
A stiffer strut valving setup was used in the GT.

The history of Hyundai Scoupe. Hyunda12
The history of Hyundai Scoupe. Scoupe10

The
Scoupe was replaced in 1996 by the Hyundai coupe,
known as Tiburon,

The history of Hyundai Scoupe. Car_6510
Back to top Go down
https://hyundaiscoupe.forumotion.com

The history of Hyundai Scoupe.
Page 1 of 1